Effective Date: March 1, 2024
Last Updated: January 24, 2024
- Information We Collect
When you use the Services, we collect the following types of Information:
- Non-Personal Information
“Non-Personal Information” means information that does not directly, personally identify you, but provides insights regarding your use of the Site. For example, we collect information about your use of the Site, including but not limited to your IP address, online behavior, Internet connections, mobile, or other device computer equipment, sites or other destinations visited before and after using or accessing the Services, date/time stamps, the time of your visits, content viewed, and other similar information about traffic and usage, as you navigate to, through, and away from our Site, including other clickstream data.
- Personal Information
“Personal Information” means information that may identify, relate to, describe, or that could be linked or associated with, you or your household. Personal Information that we collect through the Services may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name(s), email, employer, phone number, job function, IT service provider and any other information you provide to us.
In addition, if you choose to process a payment on or through features on the Service(s), you may be required to provide your Personal Information to third parties for services such as credit card or other payment processing, order fulfillment, credit pre-authorization, and address verification. In such cases, the information may be used by us and by such third party(ies), each pursuant to its own policies. You agree that we are not responsible for third parties’ processing of your information.
You may be given the option to receive push notifications while using our Services. In order to serve push notifications, we may need to collect a persistent identifier from your device. You can turn off push notifications in your device settings.
Personal Information and Non-Personal Information are collectively referenced as “Information.”
- Where/How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information about you from a number of sources, as described in greater detail below.
- From You
When you register, or an administrator at your place of employment registers on your behalf, to use our Services, or you complete online forms or surveys, request to receive information or support, or communicate with us or our representatives, whether through standard mail, email, or telephone, you may provide your information to us.
- From Third-Parties
- [Cookies and Other Technology
- How We Use Information
We use Non-Personal Information collected by cookies, web beacons, and other Internet tracking technology to store your preferences, improve website navigation, make personalized features and other services available to you, to generate statistical information, monitor and analyze user traffic and usage patterns, monitor and prevent fraud, investigate complaints and potential violations of our policies, to improve the our content and the products, services, materials, and other content that we describe or make available through the Services, and otherwise help administer and improve the Services.
We may identify you from your Personal Information and merge or co-mingle Personal Information and Non-Personal Information1.2 Except as otherwise stated, we may use Information we collect from you for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you, including, but not limited to the following:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our Services, we will use that Personal Information to respond to your inquiry.
- To establish and secure accounts to use the Services, check on your account status, and to validate your username, e-mail, password, and/or other login credentials.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Services, including without limitation, to conduct aggregate or research analysis and develop business intelligence that helps us to enhance, improve, evaluate, operate, protect, make informed decisions about, and report on the performance of our Services.
- To communicate information and promotional materials to you, where you have not expressed a preference otherwise, and to send you information and updates about the Services and any changes to relevant agreements, policies, or other terms, and to enforce such terms.
- To prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To comply with legal obligations, court orders, or in order to exercise any legal claim or to defend against any legal claim.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- As otherwise described to you when collecting your Personal Information.
In addition, we may use third‐party e‐mail providers to deliver communications to you. If you no longer want to receive these e-mail communications, you may opt-out of receiving e-mail communications through the “unsubscribe” link or by contacting us https://www.breachsecurenow.com/contact-us-customer-service/#form.
We may, from time to time, invite you to participate in online surveys. The information requested in these surveys may include, but is not limited to, your opinions, insights, ideas, activities, experiences, events, and Services. The information collected by these surveys is used to improve customer experience and shape development of our products and Services.
- How We Share Information
We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to marketers or unaffiliated third-parties.
We may share your Personal Information with the following parties:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party services providers have access to your Personal Information only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable information privacy laws and regulations and to use the Information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your Information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information. A list of these third parties is available upon request;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment; and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
- Information Security
We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us, including: Data encryption on both in transport via HTTPS and at rest using AES-256 encryption within our cloud based data center. While we endeavor to protect your Information, it is common knowledge that transmission of information via the internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or Services. Any transmission of Personal Information, or other information, is at your own risk. By using our Site and/or Service, you acknowledge and accept these risks.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, or if you become aware of any unauthorized use of an account, loss of your account credentials, or suspect a security breach, notify us immediately via email at [email protected]. If our security system is breached, we will notify you of the breach to the extent required under applicable law.
- Information Retention
- Additional Information for California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. We do not disclose personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes but requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, California residents are entitled to request and obtain such information, by e-mailing a request to [email protected].
- Additional Information for EEA Residents EEA residents whose Personal Information we have collected (“Data Subjects”) may have additional rights respecting their Personal Information, including rights to specific disclosures and rights to control their Personal Information. Please see below for more information.
- Legal Bases for Processing Your Information
We process your Personal Information for the purposes set forth in Section 4, above, on the bases further described below.
- For Legitimate Interests. We may use your Personal Information for the legitimate business purpose of providing our Services to you. For example, we use your Personal Information to administer the Services, help diagnose problems with our Services and provide support, to communicate information to you, to improve our Services and customize our Services to your preferences, to work with our service providers, to show you content and sponsored messaging, to prevent or investigate fraud or to comply with legal obligations, and for other purposes identified to you and as requested by you.
- Your Choices, Access, and Rights to Your Personal Information
Data Subjects may have the following rights and options with regard to accessing, reviewing, correcting, and updating their Personal Information:
- Right to Access. We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information.
- How to Access Your Personally Identifiable Information. You may choose to access or update Personal Information, by logging into the account you have created with our Service(s), if applicable.
- Access to Personal Information. You may choose to access your Personal Information by contacting us and requesting access, a process which shall include our identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data. We may also charge you a fee for providing you with a copy of your data (except where this is not permissible under local law).
- Updating Communications Preferences (Opt-Out) and Unsubscribing. You may choose to receive promotional offers, newsletters, and similar communications from us regarding our products and services and the products and services of our affiliated organizations. You may opt out of receiving such communications from us by communicating your preferences to us at [email protected] or in the case of e-mails, by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the applicable e-mail.
- Right to Rectify — Correction and Deletion. Citizens of some jurisdictions, including the EEA, have the right to correct or amend their Personal Information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by contacting us at [email protected].
- Right to Erasure / Be Forgotten. Data Subjects may have the right to request that we delete your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as if holding the Personal Information is no longer necessary or if part of your Right to Object (below). Please note that if you request erasure of your account, we, in complying with your request, shall also delete any and all research data that has been submitted to us through our Services. It is your responsibility at all times to ensure that you are in compliance with all applicable rules, policies, and regulations at the institutional, administrative, and federal levels regarding retention of research data, including, but not limited to, United States regulations governing retention and disposal of research records.
- Right to Object. Data Subjects may have the right to object to the use of Personal Information for direct marketing uses, scientific uses, or historical research. If you do not wish to have your Personal Information shared with third parties, contact our Data Protection Officer as described at the end of this document. If you do not wish to receive future commercial messages from us, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions contained within the message you receive. (But note that you may continue to receive certain communications from us, such as transactional or relationship messages, and/or messages about your account/profile).
- Right to Restrict Processing. Citizens of some jurisdictions, including the EEA, have the right to request that we stop processing their Personal Information.
- Right to Data Portability. A Data Subject has the right to request that we provide your Personal Information for the purpose of sharing it with another service provider (through a secure process).
- Filing a Complaint. A Data Subject who is not satisfied with how we manage your Personal Information has the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
- Geographic Information Transfers
However, this does not change our commitments to safeguarding your privacy, and we will comply with all applicable laws relating to cross-border data disclosure of your Personal Information. Where required, we implement Standard Contractual Clauses with our third parties pursuant to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), and you may request a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses by emailing us at [email protected]. Where we receive requests for information from law enforcement or regulators, we carefully validate these requests before disclosing any Personal Information.
If you have an inquiry regarding your Personal Information, pursuant to the rights listed in the preceding section (above), please send your message to the following:
Breach Secure Now
Attention: Website Inquiry
E-mail: [email protected]
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products or services for purchase by anyone under the age of thirteen (13). In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we will never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is practical. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors are not using the Service(s).
- How to Contact Us
- By e-mail: [email protected]
- By telephone: 877-275-4545
- By regular mail:
Breach Secure Now
Attn: Website Inquiry
55 Madison Ave.
Morristown NJ, 07960